Directors & Officers Liability
A company's corporate board members and officers may face the risk of liability (or exposure to litigation) arising out of their actions pertaining to their management duties of the company. Karur Vysya Bank in association with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance offer Directors & Officers Liability policy. Directors & Officers Liability Insurance insures the personal assets of corporate board members and officers [as well as the company’s corporate assets] from lawsuits arising out of their capacity as directors or officers of the cooperation
- Protection for individual directors & officers when the company is not permitted to indemnify or financially unable to indemnify the directors & officers
- When the company does indemnify, D&O insurance will Pay on behalf of or indemnify the corporation for payments made to the directors & officers.
- Coverage may be provided for the corporate entity, in cases where the company is being held liable.
- D&O insurance provides Balance Sheet Protection for the company.
- Insurance allows the company to transfer risk from its own balance sheet to that of the insurer.
- D&O insurance helps the company attract and retain quality board members