E-Commerce / VBV
With the e-commerce service you can now make transactions over the Internet with added security. With the growing emphasis on security for online transactions, people are looking for the safest and most secure online payment channel. We recognize this need and have enabled an additional security mechanism called Verified by Visa (VbyV) to prevent fraud in e-commerce transactions over the Internet. You need to enter the VbV password in addition to your CVV and card no. to confirm your credibility when you make online transaction payments. It is to ensure your transactions and as secure as possible and your card is not being misused. This registration is compulsory w.e.f. 1st August 2009.
You should have registered for VbyV when you use your VISA Debit Card for all payments made on line
If you have a CVV enabled debit card you are eligible for the e-commerce service. The Card Verification Value [CVV] is a three digit number printed on the back of the debit card.
To activate the e-commerce service you first have to register your debit card on www.kvb.co.in.
The following steps have to be followed to register:
- Step: 1 Visit www.kvb.co.in and go to the "Registering for VbyV" link
- Step: 2 Click the "Register Now" option
- Step: 3 Read the VbyV terms and conditions and click the "I Accept" button to proceed.
- Step: 4 Enter your 16 Digit Debit Card Number, Card Expiry Date and ATM PIN in the relevant text boxes and click the "Next" button.
- Step: 5 Enter your name, email ID, mobile no., personal assured message, login ID, password and confirm the password and click the "Submit" button.
During the registration process, you will be asked to create a personal message. When you pay online, always look for this personal message to ensure that Karur Vysya Bank is authenticating your transaction. It is necessary to provide your ATM PIN when you register for VbyV.
- The service is absolutely free.
- The per day transaction limit will increase to Rs. 30,000 (ATM, POS and e-commerce).