A hundred things can go wrong when you travel. Something that’s an inconvenience at home can ruin your holiday when you’re abroad. Are you covered? The Travel Elite Policy is a comprehensive package which provides complete medical, health and emergency cover to the discerning international traveller.
Travelling abroad to a foreign land entails a lot of risk. Medical expenses in foreign currency and hospitalization can be prohibitively expensive. Travel Elite covers you for all medical eventualities for just a fraction of the amount you would otherwise need. In addition to this, Travel Elite also covers you against other emergencies, includes those occurring at home while you’re away.
- Covers expenses of hospitalization, loss of baggage and other incidental expenses
- Covers you against trip cancellation, trip curtailment and burglary of your home
- Quick disbursement of claims
- Global expertise matched with local knowledge
- Innovative packages to match individual needs
- Only insurance company with in-house international toll-free numbers and fax numbers
Travel Elite is an advanced policy and covers Personal Accident (death and disablement), Medical Expenses and Repatriation (including medical evacuation to a hospital in India that has been pre-approved by the claims administrator), Loss and Delay of Checked Baggage, Loss of Passport, Personal Liability (legal), Hijack, Trip Delay, Trip Cancellation, Trip Curtailment, Home Burglary, Daily Hospitalization Allowance, Emergency Cash Advance, Golfer Hole-in-One, etc.
Yes. Travel Elite offers direct settlement for in-hospital medical expenses abroad (subject to policy terms and conditions and sub-limits).
One of the important features of this policy is Emergency Cash Advance. It is an assistance service wherein the company facilitates providing emergency cash to the insured during incidents such as theft/burglary of luggage/money or hold ups by co-coordinating with the insured person's relatives in India to provide emergency cash assistance to the insured person as per his requirement, up to the limit specified in the policy schedule.
The Golfer's Hole-in-one is a sporting gesture from the company. It offers reimbursement of expenses incurred in celebrating a hole-in-one by the insured during the trip, anywhere in the world (excluding India), in a United States Golfers' Association recognized golf course.
The policy also covers you against burglary of your home while you are away, along with expenses incurred in the event that your trip is cancelled or curtailed.
In case of any early return of the insured person prior to expiry of the policy period, the company will refund premium at the following rates (subject to no claims being incurred on the policy):
|Period of Risk||Rate of Premium Retained by Company|
|Above 50% of Policy Period||100% of Premium|
|Between 40-50% of Policy Period||80% of Premium|
|Between 30-40% of Policy Period||75% of Premium|
|Between 20-30% of Policy Period||60% of Premium|
|Policy inception-20% of Policy Period||50% of Premium|
- Any medical condition or complication arising from it which existed before the commencement of the policy period, or for which care, treatment or advice was sought, recommended by or received from a physician.
- Routine physical or other examination where there is no objective indication of impairment of normal health.
- Medical expenses beyond the expiry of the policy period.
- Suicide, attempted suicide or willfully self-inflicted injury or illness, mental disorder, anxiety/stress/depression/nervousness having no underlying physical illness as a cause; venereal disease, alcoholism, drunkenness or the abuse of drugs.
- Manual work or hazardous occupation, self-exposure to needless peril (except in an attempt to save human life), engaging in any criminal or illegal act.
- Pregnancy, resulting in childbirth, miscarriage, abortion, or complication arising out of any of the foregoing.
- Experimental, unproven or non-standard treatment.
- Treatment by any other system other than modern medicine (also known as Allopathy).
- The cost of spectacles, contact lenses, hearing aids, crutches and all other external appliances and/or devices whether for diagnosis or treatment.
- Delay of baggage when the intended destination is in India.
- Loss or damage to the insured's passport as a result of the confiscation or detention by customs, police or any other authority.
- Loss which is not reported to the appropriate police authority within 24 hours of the discovery of the loss, and in respect of which an official report has not been obtained.
- Loss caused by the insured's failure to take reasonable steps to guard against the loss of passport.