FAQs on FASTag
1. Is FASTag compulsory & is FASTag for any particular kind / category of vehicle?
Yes. NHAI has announced 100% FASTag mandate for toll fee payment from 1st January 2021 onwards.
2. Who is implementing this program?
Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) (a company incorporated by National Highways Authority of India) and National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) are implementing this program with help from Toll Plaza Concessionaires, FASTag Issuer Banks/Agencies and Toll Transaction Acquirer (select banks).
3. On which highways / roads FASTag can be used?
The list of toll plazas will be available at www.fastag.kvb.co.in/TollPlazaList
4. What are the charges for FASTag?
Charges detail is available in www.fastag.kvb.co.in
5. How can I buy FASTag and what documents are required?
The customer may visit any of our Bank’sbranches to get FASTag account created. Vehicle RC and Vehicle image along with Customer KYC are the documents required for buying your FASTag.
Customer need to submit a copy of the following documents along with the application for FASTag:
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle and Vehicle image
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner and KYC documents as per the category of the vehicle owner (viz. individual / corporate)
For Individual owners: All Official Valid Documents (OVD) as same as account opening along with the proof of vehicle Namely RC book photo copy.
For Corporate customers: All OVD pertained to the corporate and list of vehicle with type along with the RegistrationNumber has to be specified in the company’s letter head.
(i) Issue of FASTag is subject to verification of original documents mentioned above by our Bank.
(ii) Customers are advised to bring originals of above documents while visiting Bank Branch for purchasing FASTag.
6. How will I get to know if and how much toll has been debited?
The customer will receive an SMS with requisite details to his registered alternate mobile number as soon as the toll transaction takes place. Periodic statement of account may also be obtained on website of our bank after registration by the customer.
7. Do I need to use any specific lane at the toll plaza for FASTag?
FASTag will work only in the lanes demarcated for FASTag. Vehicle without valid FASTag entering FASTag lane will be charged double the applicable toll amount in cash.
8. Can I avail a Monthly Pass or Local Pass?
The monthly pass facility is specific to each toll plaza. Customer can visit NHAI website for availing monthly pass or may call the Toll Free Number for further clarity.
9. How and where do I finally pay the toll?
Our bank will electronically deduct the applicable toll fee from the customer’s wallet account linked to the FASTag. This deduction will be done post the toll transaction. The customer needs to adequately fund the account which is linked to FASTag. This recharge process may be termed as top-up.
10. How can I recharge my FASTag account?
The FASTag account can be recharged by making payment through U P I , NEFT/ RTGS, cash, cheque and online through Credit Card/ Debit Card or through Net Banking. FASTag account can be recharged upto Rs. 1,00,000.00 (Rupees One Lac only). For recharge, customer can login to customer portal in www.fastag.kvb.co.in or use Mobileapps like KVB Upay & KVB DLite app.
11. How would I cross toll plaza, if FASTag equipment is not working?
Please refer to Standard Operating Procedure (SoP) for FASTag user.
12. Is there any minimum value for such recharge / top up?
Yes, the minimum recharge amount is Rs. 100 and it varies for different vehicle classes according to the threshold amount for each class. Please check fees & charges available in www.fastag.kvb.co.in
13. I have two vehicles; can I use one FASTag for two vehicles?
You will need to take two separate FASTags for the two vehicles.
14. Can a FASTag bought for my one vehicle be used for another vehicle?
No, FASTag is issued to each vehicle based on KYC documents submitted. If a FASTag for instance bought for one Car is used for a Truck then such FASTag shall get blacklisted resulting into denial of vehicle passage from FASTag lanes on Toll Plazas. FASTag users are advised to desist from such practice.
15. What do I have to do if I lost my FASTag?
What will happen to the account balance? You will need to call customer care number of our bank to block your FASTag and approach our Bank’s nearby branches for getting replacement tag.
16. How would I know that the correct user fee has been deducted from my FASTag account?
Customer will receive an SMS alert in your registered phone number each time an amount is deducted from your FASTag account. Fee payable on each toll plaza may be seen on www.nhtis.org in addition to displayed at concerned toll plazas.
17. How would I report an incorrect or extra deduction and how will I get back the same?
Customer can report an incorrect deduction by calling customer care number of our bank or approach nearest KVB Branch for raising claim request on the incorrect or extra debit. The claim request for the dispute transaction has to be raised by the customer within 40 days of the date of transaction. The Bank will review your request and take necessary action.
18. How do I block my FASTag account, in case my vehicle is lost?
Customer can call up customer care of our bank and block his / her FASTag account.
19. Can the tags purchased earlier be used?
Only RFID Tag purchased earlier may be used, in case of any problems, please contact the our bank or call Customer care. Any other type of Tag will not work on FASTaglanes.
20. Can FASTag be used for passage through toll plazas on the National Highways?
FASTag can be used on all toll plazas on National Highways where it has been integrated. More than 800 toll plazas across the country.
21. I have FASTag and also balance in my linked account, but I could not go through ETC lane. How do I get my FASTag checked / rectified to see whether it is active or not?
Please refer to steps under Standard Operating Procedure (SoP) for FASTag user. Customer can raise a request regarding the same by calling customer care of the respective Issuer Bank.
22. I reside within 10 Km of a particular Toll plaza. Do I need to take FASTag to get the concessions available for local vehicles?
Yes, you can, if you need to access and use FASTag lane and to avail concession.
23. What if I relocate to another City?
FASTag will work on all enabled toll plazas. In case of change in city or address, the customer should inform to bank.
24. Can one vehicle use more than one FASTag?
It is strictly prohibited to purchase two FASTag for one vehicle. In case of multiple FASTag, customer will be responsible for operational issues.
25. What if I sell / transfer my car?
In case of car being sold or transferred, bank needs to be informed.
26. What if the FASTag gets damaged?
The vehicle owner / user could approach our bank for replacement of FASTag.
27. Can FASTag be used at places other than National highways?
It is planned to extend usage of FASTag to toll plazas at State highways for tolling, parking lots for parking charge and various other payments at wayside amenities.
28. What if the vehicle owner / user have a grievance?
The primary point of contact for the vehicle owner/ user is the Our bank, contact details for which will be shared at the time of FASTag issuance. IHMCL can be approached as the next escalation level.