Welcome to Karur Vysya Bank – the bank that carries with it a tradition of 107 years and yet is young enough to adapt itself to the rapidly changing scenario in the banking industry.
To be the preferred choice of stakeholders and deliver value by blending technology with tradition
To provide superior banking experience by using technology to deliver entire gamut of financial products under one roof, easily available to the customers across physical and digital channels
Karur Vysya Bank was started in the year 1916 in Karur, then a small textile town with a vast agricultural background, by two illustrious sons of the soil – Sri M.A. Venkatarama Chettiar and Sri Athi Krishna Chettiar. What started as a venture with a seed capital of Rs. 1.20 lakh has grown into a leading financial institution that offers a gamut of financial services under one roof to millions of its customers.
Financial landmarks of the bank as on 31.03.2023:
- Total business of the bank was at Rs. 1,40,806 cr. with total deposits at Rs. 76,638 cr. and total advances at Rs. 64,168 cr.
- The Net Profit for FY 22-23 was Rs. 1,106 cr.
- The net owned funds of the bank are Rs. 8,584 cr. as on 31.03.2023
- The Basel III CRAR was at 18.16%.
- The Net NPA was at 0.74%.
- The bank has been earning profits since inception and has been declaring dividend uninterruptedly.
A snapshot of the Bank’s performance under various parameters for the past three financial years is as follows:
The bank had a branch network of 799 and an ATM and Cash Recyclers network of 2240 as on 31.03.2023. In other to improve processing efficiency and ensure quick turnaround time in the MSME space, the Bank also has 15 Business Banking Units and 9 Corporate Business Units. The Bank also has a vertical for New & Emerging Opportunities (NEO) and a Precious Metals Division.
KVB offers full-fledged counter services through all its branches. The Bank has always been a frontrunner in adopting and leveraging on technology to offer products and services to its customers. The Bank offers the best in class services backed by technology.
- Internet Banking
- DLite (Mobile Banking Application) – For Android & iOS offering 150+ services
- 100% NTB & ETB customers Savings accounts are opened digitally
- All Current accounts are opened digitally through assisted mode
- All Term Deposits are opened digitally through Branch Channel / via Self-service TD module in DLite App
- Pre-approved Digital Loan offers – Buy Now Pay Later through Amazon India; 2-minute PL disbursement to customer account in DLite App; Pre-approved Credit Cards
- First Bank to implement end-to-end digital lending
- Seamless integration with 30+ Fintechs
- Faster sanction with digital underwriting mechanism
- Credit & Debit Cards
- Gift Cards
- Forex Travel Card
- Reloadable Card
- Point of Sale Machines
- BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System)
- Bharat QR (BQR)
- BHIM AADHAAR PAY
- AePS (Aadhaar enabled Payment System)
- Loan Opening Systems (LOS)
- Tablet Based Account Opening
- Cash Management
- Para banking services
The performance of the bank has been consistently recognized by leading publications and other organizations. We have received the following awards during FY 2022-23
|Name of the Award||Awarded by|
|Best MSME Friendly Bank (Private Sector), 2021 – Runner up||Chamber of Indian Micro Small & Medium Enterprises|
|Best Innovative Bank (Private Sector) – Runner up||Chamber of Indian Micro Small & Medium Enterprises|
|Tech Enable Ease of Banking||Quantic India|
|APAC BFSI Innovation||Banking Frontiers|
|Banking RPA Integrator of the Year||Synnex Group & India Banking Summit|
|Data Centre Compnay of the Year||Synnex Group & India Banking Summit|
|Tech Enabled Ease of Banking Award||KRYPTON BFSI LEADERSHIP AWARDS|
|Bank with Best Technology Orientation - Economic Times Ascent||Asia Pacific HRM Congress Awards, 2021|
|Digital Bank - India BFSI Awards 2022||Governance Now|
|Digital Transformation of Bank||Sri Adhikari Brothers Group|
|Intelligent Automation (AL, ML, RPA)||CIO Crown|
|Design Management (Infrastructure Management)||UBS Forums|
|Innovation - New Initiatives (Infrastructure Management)||UBS Forums|
|CIO of the Year||UBS Forums|
|Digitalisation from Application to Disbursement won in the Best in Future of Digital Infrastructure||IDC future enterprise Awards|
|The Best Technology Bank of the Year (Winner)||IBA Awards|
|The Best Fintech collaboration ( Runner-up)||IBA Awards|
|The Best AI ML adoption (Special Prize)||IBA Awards|
|The Best Digital Financial Inclusion (Special Prize)||IBA Awards|
|Best Use of Technology||Synnex Group & India Banking Summit|
|Business Transformation Awards 2022 for competitive edge with workforce transformation||Mint & Techcircle|
|Best bank for promoting social schemes||Chamber of Indian Micro Small & Medium Enterprises|
|Best Government Scheme Implementing Bank - Runner up||Chamber of Indian Micro Small & Medium Enterprises|
|Best Innovative Bank - Runner up||Chamber of Indian Micro Small & Medium Enterprises|
|Best CSR Initiative & Business Responsibility Bank - Runner Up||Chamber of Indian Micro Small & Medium Enterprises|
|Best Bank in implementation of COVID Scheme - Runner up||Chamber of Indian Micro Small & Medium Enterprises|
|Best Digital Customer Experience initiative of the year||ASSOCHAM - Financial Conclave 2023 & Excellence Award|
|Product Quality Management||Dun & Bradstreet - ESG Leadership Summit 2023|
|Best Technology Enabler of the Year – Winner||ASSOCHAM|
|Best SME lending – Runner-up||ASSOCHAM|
The bank has in place robust risk management systems and adheres to the tenets of Corporate Governance. The bank is well-equipped to boldly take up the challenges in the industry and emerge as a top-notch one-stop-shop techie financial supermarket. KVB will continue its endeavors to bring the best of products and services to its customers to emerge as the techie bank that provides the gateway to Smart Way to bank.
For more information about the bank, its products and also to record your feedback, please log on to www.kvb.co.in
WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT KVB
- Dr. Manmohan Singh on the occasion of KVB’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in 1991, - “The performance of KVB in the matter of productivity is to be emulated by public sector banks.”
- Sri P. Chidambaram during the 80th Anniversary celebrations of KVB in 1996 - “KVB is to be congratulated for its standing as one of the leading Banks in the private sector. KVB is one of the safest banks.”
- Dr. C. Rangarajan, while inaugurating KVB Towers at Chennai in 2001 - “KVB can be regarded as a fine example of how a medium sized bank can effectively play its part in promoting the regional development and attending to the needs of small and medium entrepreneurs.”
- Smt. Shyamala Gopinath, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India on the occasion of the 90th Anniversary celebrations of KVB in 2006 – “KVB is almost on par with new generation private banks in technology. It has implemented Core Banking Solution across the bank including rural branches. Using this technology platform, it has enabled multiple delivery channels viz., ATM network, VISA Debit Cards, Mobile Banking and Internet Banking. All these initiatives are indeed a fitting tribute to the visionary founders of KVB.”
- Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, Chief Guest at the Founders’ Day celebration in 2007 - “I would like to quote Mahatma Gandhi who had said “The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve more of world’s problems.” This has been proved by the Karur Vysya Bank by rising to the occasion, facing challenges and coming out gloriously from every situation.”
- Smt. Sheila Dikshit, Chief Guest at the Founders’ Day Celebrations in 2008 – “KVB being a small bank is not only a beautiful bank but also a special bank. The bank has maintained its standards over the years, helping various types of entrepreneurs – big, small and micro and thereby created a niche for itself amongst the customers.”
- Sri K. Rosaiah, H.E. the Governor of Tamil nadu at the Founders’ Day Celebrations in 2011 – “Karur Vysya Bank is a doyen in the banking sector built on the edifice of trust, faith and efficient and quick service. Efficient functioning of the bank and sustained efforts of each and every officer and staff has placed the bank in a high pedestal in the banking sector. Services of Karur Vysya Bank are appreciated by the customers and that is the real strength of the bank.”
- Sri E.S.L. Narasimhan, H.E. the Governor of Andhra Pradesh at the Founders’ Day Celebrations in 2012 – “A bank customer looks for confidence. What we look at is whether our deposits are safe; whether the bank is dependable and what is the state of NPAs. I must say that banks like KVB whose NPA is almost nil, inspires confidence among the public.”
- Hon’ble Justice C. Nagappan, Judge, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi Chief Guest at Founders Day Celebrations in 2013 - “KVB has grown phenomenally in all aspects of banking and secured a prominent position in the banking industry and also made easy reach to customers having presence in pan India. I must say that NPA level of the Bank is less than 1% which is very much meager, this could be only because of the customers”.
- Smt. Anandiben Patel, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Gujarat, Chief Guest at the Founders’ Day Celebrations in 2014 – “Nurturing an organization for 100 years without any kind of hindrance is a big task. There are very few banks who have performed this task successfully and Karur Vysya Bank is one of them. I congratulate all of you for this success.”
- Sri G.M. Rao, Group Chairman GMR Group of Companies at the Commencement of Centenary Celebrations in 2015 – “During the last century, KVB has surmounted several challenges with the determination to forge ahead, setting an example for tomorrow. The Bank’s growth is based on its vision, passion, values and good governance and by putting the institution before individuals.”
- Shri Pranab Mukherjee, Hon’ble President of India Chief Guest at the Centenary Celebrations in 2016 – “Completion of 100 years is no doubt a milestone not only in the life of an individual but also in the life of an institution. It provides us an opportunity to think for a moment and reflect from where we began our journey, where we are today and what is our future destination. I congratulate the KVB on completion of 100 years of KVB. I also express my appreciations for the 2 visionaries who established this institution 100 years ago.”
- Shri CH. Vidyasagar Rao, Hon’ble Governor of Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu Guest of Honour at the Centenary Celebrations in 2016 – “The Bank had stood for 100 years overcoming all the turbulences right from pre-independence era to post independence period from protected economy to free market economy and from the sellers’ market to buyers’ market. It is the testimony of its fundamental strength, trust and efficiency.”