Welcome to Karur Vysya Bank – the bank that carries with it a tradition of 100+ years and yet is young enough to adapt itself to the rapidly changing scenario in the banking industry.
Karur Vysya Bank was started in the year 1916 in Karur, then a small textile town with a vast agricultural background, by two illustrious sons of the soil – Sri M.A. Venkatarama Chettiar and Sri Athi Krishna Chettiar. What started as a venture with a seed capital of Rs. 1 Lakh has grown into a leading financial institution that offers a gamut of financial services, under one roof, to millions of its customers.
Financial Landmarks of the Bank as on 31.03.2018
- Total business of the bank was at Rs. 1,02,863 crores with total deposits at Rs. 56,890 crores and total advances at Rs. 45,973 crores.
- The net profit for FY17-18 was Rs. 346 crores.
- The net owned funds of the bank are Rs. 6,211.71 crores.
- The capital adequacy ratio of the bank stood at 14.43% (Basel III) which is well above the regulatory requirement of 9%.
- The net NPA was at 4.16%.
- The bank has been earning profits since inception and has been declaring dividend uninterruptedly.
- The bank has declared 100% or more dividends since 2003-04. Between 2007-08 and 2010-11, the dividend was 120%. While for 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2015-16, dividend was 140%, 130% dividend was declared for 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2016-17.
A snapshot of the bank’s performance under various parameters for the past three financial years are as follows.
Branch and ATM Network
The bank had a branch network of 790, an ATM network of 1798 and 538 Cash Recyclers as on 31.03.2018.
Digital branches opened at Kathirampatti and Bandarupalle.
KVB is one of the earliest banks in the country to achieve full networking of its branches under Core Banking Solutions. The bank has always been a front-runner in adopting and leveraging on technology to offer products and services to its customers. The bank was one of the pioneers in deploying ATMs, Bunch Note Recycler Machines, Fully Automated Passbook Printers & Cheque Deposit Kiosks as a move towards self-service banking. The bank also set a blazing trail in implementing Internet Banking and Mobile Banking to its customers.
- Any Branch Banking.
- Multi-City Account facilities for both Current and Savings Account customers.
- User-friendly Internet Banking.
- Self-service modes to process internet banking user id activation, lock, unlock, reset password, etc.,
- Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT), Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) funds transfer facilities through both Retail / Corporate Netbanking Login.
- Facility to transfer funds of over Rs. 25 Lakhs per day through Internet Banking for retail customers and an unlimited amount for corporate customers.
- Online payment of taxes.
- Online utility bill payments and shopping facilities.
- E-ASBA facility for applying IPOs / Rights Issue.
- Direct debit facility for payment of Tamilnadu Electricity (TNEB) bills through Netbanking.
- E-Commerce facilities.
- Instant self-registration.
- Mobile Banking through KVB DLite app with Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) enabled by NPCI.
- Mobile app ‘KVB e-Book’ in all major platforms (Android, Windows, iOS, Blackberry) to have access to all non-financial transactions anytime, anywhere through mobile.
- Missed call banking facility for balance enquiry, customer ID enquiry and account statement enquiry through mobile.
- Utility bill payments.
- SMS based debit card hotlist.
- Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is a system that powers multiple bank accounts into a single mobile application (of any participating bank), merging several banking features, seamless fund routing & merchant payments into one hood.
- Over 4.5 million VISA, Mastercard and Rupay EMV chip-based Debit Card holders.
- OTP-based authentication for debit cards E-Commerce transactions.
- PIN-based debit transactions at POS.
- Access to over 1803 KVB ATMs, 538 Cash Recyclers over 200000 domestic ATMs and over 1 million VISA / Master / DFS ATMs worldwide.
- Card to Card and Card to Account transfer of funds through KVB ATMs.
- VISA enabled Gift Card.
- RuPay enabled KVB Centenary Prepaid Card.
- VISA enabled reloadable Multi-currency Travel Cards in 8 currencies (US Dollar, Euro, Singapore Dollar, Canadian Dollar, British Pound, Japanese Yen, Swiss Francs, Swedish Kroner).
- Co-branded KVB credit cards as add-on facility to our customers.
- Anmol Rewardz for the use of KVB Debit card for POS and EPOS transactions.
- RFID cards, an innovation from the bank that is issued to corporates / institutions / entities. It is a multipurpose card which can be used as an identity card, access card, as a normal debit card at ATM / POS / e-commerce transactions, and also in closed loop POS terminals within premises of the corporate / institution.
- ATM E-receipt for KVB customers for ATM / Cash Recyclers successful transaction performed through debit card customers.
- “Green PIN” is an initiative, through which Debit card physical PIN mailer issuance is stopped and customers are given option through KVB ATM/KVB Cash recyclers to set their PIN for Debit Cards with the help of OTP (One-Time Password) sent to their registered mobile number.
- This facility can also be used for setting up new PIN when the customers have forgotten their debit card PIN.
- Cash Recyclers for quick anytime cash remittance and Self Service Kiosks for updating passbook, knowing account balance and cheque status.
- BNA recyclers where Cash Deposit Machines double up as an ATM.
- Payment of institutional fees through ATMs.
Point of Sale Machines
- Handheld GPRS and Mobile Point of Sale machines deployed at merchant establishments.
- Digital POS or Green POS – Handheld GPRS POS machine without a printer. Digital POS has the facility of sending e-receipt to both customer and merchant through SMS and E-mail.
- 24x7 professional help desk services (in 6 languages) for all our transactions carried out through ATM, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking (KVB DLite), E-Commerce, Product Features, etc.,
- Self-service banking with IVRS for fund transfer facilities.
- The perfect solution for a hassle-free trip on national highways.
- It is a simple, reloadable tag which enables automatic payment of toll charges and lets you pass the vehicle through the toll plaza without stopping for the cash transaction.
Bharat QR (BQR)
- Bharat QR (BQR), a new initiative by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in the payment system.
- Bharat QR aims to increase the merchant based digital transaction by displaying their QR at their outlets.
- The mobile application is available to facilitate both merchants and customers towards making the payments.
- Several deposits and loan products are tailor-made to cater to the specific needs of customers.
- NRE / FCNR deposits, remittance services and “KVB Gruhapravesh” Home loans and Mortgage Loans for NRIs.
- A wide range of customized loan products to suit different industries under MSME clusters by way of its products like KVB MSME Pack, KVB Rice Plus, KVB Timber Plus, KVB Transport Plus, KVB Pharma Plus etc.,
- A wide range of retail products like home loans, car loans, mortgage loans.
- The entire range of products and services for Corporate Banking and Forex business.
Loan Opening Systems (LOS)
- Strategic roadmap initiated our journey towards digitization in lending perspective.
- Automated workflow process will be beneficial to the bank in building a business, reducing cost, credit quality and increased compliance.
- End to End paperless, automated process.
- Rule-based systems.
- Real-time basis.
Transaction Banking Services
- An integrated transaction banking solution on an electronic platform.
- Cash Management Services (Collections and Payments).
- Virtual Account facility for collections.
- Supply Chain Finance products (Vendor Finance and Dealer Finance).
- Tie-ups with rated large auto majors for dealer funding.
- Customer Front End (CBX – Customer Business Exchange).
- Participating in Trade Receivable Discounting System (TReDS) platforms.
- Can handle Dividend / Interest Warrants.
- Customized MIS.
Para Banking Services
- All types of life insurance policies through a tie-up with M/s Birla Sun Life Insurance Company Ltd.
- All types of general insurance policies through a tie-up with M/s Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd.
- Mutual Fund products of UTI, SBI MF, Reliance MF, Sundaram BNP Paribas MF, Birla Sun Life MF, Franklin Templeton MF and LIC MF.
- The bank is a depository participant through NSDL, providing DP services.
- ASBA and e-ASBA facility (through Internet banking).
- The offline and online trading facility is available to the demat customers enabled through a tie-up with M/s Religare Securities Ltd and M/s IDBI Caps respectively.
- KVB is one of the authorized banks to open accounts under the New Pension Scheme.
- Prime Minister′s Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyothi Bima Yojna (Life Insurance scheme) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna (Non-Life Insurance scheme) Atal Pension Yojna (Pension scheme) implemented.
The performance of the bank has been consistently recognized by leading publications and other organizations. We have received the following awards during FY 2017-18.
- Best Small Bank for innovative use of technology from Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDBRT). The Bank is receiving this award for the 9th year in succession.
- Best Small Bank Runner-Up, 2016 from Business World - PwC.
- Award for Most Disruptive Payments Technology – FASTag at the Kamikaze Payments & Cards Summit.
- A number of Demat Accounts opened – Runner up from NSDL.
The bank has in place robust risk management systems and adheres to the tenets of corporate governance. The bank is well-equipped to boldly take up the challenges in the industry and emerge as a top-notch one-stop-shop techie financial supermarket. KVB will continue its endeavors to bring the best of products and services to its customers to emerge as the techie bank that provides the gateway to smart way to bank.