Welcome to Karur Vysya Bank – the bank that carries with it a tradition of 105 years and yet is young enough to adapt itself to the rapidly changing scenario in the banking industry.
DELIGHT THE CUSTOMERS CONTINUALLY BY BLENDING TRADITION WITH TECHNOLOGY TO DELIVER INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AT AFFORDABLE RATES THROUGH A PAN INDIA BRANCH NETWORK
Karur Vysya Bank was started in the year 1916 in Karur, then a small textile town with a vast agricultural background, by two illustrious sons of the soil – Sri M.A. Venkatarama Chettiar and Sri Athi Krishna Chettiar. What started as a venture with a seed capital of Rs. 1.20 lakh has grown into a leading financial institution that offers a gamut of financial services, under one roof, to millions of its customers.
Financial landmarks of the bank as on 31.03.2021
- Total business of the bank was at Rs. 116098 cr. with total deposits at Rs. 63278 cr and total advances at Rs. 52820 cr.
- The Net Profit for FY20-21 was Rs. 359 cr.
- The net owned funds of the bank are Rs. 6960 cr.
- The Basel III CRAR was at 18.98% with CET1 of 16.95%
- The Net NPA was at 3.41%.
- The bank has been earning profits since inception and has been declaring dividend uninterruptedly.
- The bank has declared 100% or more dividends since 2003-04. Between 2007-08 and 2010-11, the dividend was 120%. While for 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2015-16, dividend was 140%, 130% dividend was declared for 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2016-17.
A snapshot of the Bank’s performance under various parameters for the past three financial years is as follows:
Branch and ATM network
The bank had a branch network of 780 and an ATM and Cash Recyclers network of 2236 as on 31.03.2021.
KVB is one of the earliest banks in the country to achieve full networking of its branches under Core Banking Solutions. The Bank has always been a frontrunner in adopting and leveraging on technology to offer products and services to its customers. The Bank was one of the pioneers in deploying ATMs, Bunch Note Recycler Machines, fully automated passbook printers & Cheque Deposit Kiosks as a move towards self- service banking. The Bank also set a blazing trail in implementing Internet Banking and Mobile Banking to its customers.
- Any Branch Banking
- Multicity Account facilities for both current and savings bank customers
- User friendly Internet Banking
- Self-service modes to process Internet banking user id activation, lock, unlock, Reset password, etc.
- Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT), Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) funds transfer facilities through both Retail/Corporate Net Banking Login
- Facility to transfer funds of over Rs. 25 lakhs per day through Internet Banking for retail customers and unlimited amount for corporate customers
- Online payment of taxes
- On-line utility bill payments and shopping facilities
- e-ASBA facility for applying for IPOs / Rights Issue
- Direct debit facility for payment of Tamil Nadu Electricity (TNEB) bills through Net Banking
- e-commerce facilities
- On-line rail and air ticket booking using KVB VISA Debit card
DLite (Mobile Banking Application) – For Android & iOS
- Savings Account Opening in just three easy steps
- Unified Payment Interface (UPI)
- Bharat QR
- Bill Pay
- Recharges (DTH & Mobile)
- Instant Funds Transfer via IMPS (P2A & P2P)
- Alert Maintenance
- E-Statement Maintenance
- Debit Card Hotlist
- Demat Services
Apart from the above the following features are also available:
- Debit Card Management – Toggle (Customer can control their Debit Cards usage pattern including activation/deactivation of International usage).
- Green PIN - where customers can set their Debit card PIN instantly.
- Fastag – Wallet Issuance & Recharge (Customer can access their Fastag details / Recharge using this option).
- Customized Menu Placement (Personalization).
- Finger Print Integration for DLite Login - Customers can login the app using their biometric.
- Account Opening option in Pre login Screen.
- Mobile Banking Registration & mPIN reset via IB Credentials.
- Facility to pay TNEB electricity bills
- My Profile – To update Name, PAN, Aadhaar, address, accounts details with share option and enable finger print
- Locator Navigation Screen Addition
- Over 4.5 million VISA and MasterCard Debit Card holders
- OTP Based authentication for debit cards E-commerce transactions
- PIN based debit transactions at POS
- Access to over 1660 KVB ATMs, over 560 Cash Recyclers, over 200000 domestic ATMs and over 1 million VISA/Master/DFS ATMs worldwide
- Card to Card and Card to Account transfer of funds through KVB ATMs
- VISA enabled Gift card
- Rupay enabled KVB Centenary Prepaid Card
- Visa enabled reloadable Multicurrency Travel Cards in 8 currencies (US Dollar, Euro, Singapore Dollar, Canadian Dollar, British Pound, Japanese Yen, Swiss Francs, Swedish Kroner)
- Co-branded KVB credit cards as add on facility to customers
- Anmol Rewards for use of KVB Debit card for POS and e-POS transactions
- RFID cards, an innovation from the Bank that is issued to corporates / Institutions / entities. It is a multipurpose card which can be used as Identity card, Access card, as normal debit card at ATM / POS / e-commerce transactions, and also in closed loop POS terminals within premises of the corporate / institution.
KVB offers Prepaid Gift Card to make gifting and receiving a pleasurable experience. The KVB Gift Card is authenticated by VISA and is acceptable at over 7,50,000 merchant outlets that display the logos of KVB / VISA.
Forex Travel Card
KVB offers the KVB Multicurrency Travel Card specially designed to make foreign travel convenient and risk-free. The KVB Multicurrency Travel Card is an EMV Chip Card authenticated by VISA and is acceptable at over 1.7 million VISA enabled ATMs and 24 million VISA enabled merchant outlets across the globe. The unique feature of KVB Multicurrency Travel Card is loading of eight currencies (USD, SGD, EURO, CAD, GBP, JPY, CHF, SEK) simultaneously in a single card.
Reloadable Card - KVB Centenary Prepaid Card (KCPC)
Reloadable Card, also known as KVB Centenary Prepaid Card (KCPC) is a special card designed by KVB exclusively for the corporate segment for specific purposes such as salary, performance incentive, commissions & reimbursement.
KVB Corporate Credit Card
Corporate Credit Card from KVB offers smart and flexible expense management solution for MSMEs and Corporates. Proprietors, Partners, Directors and Employees can use the cards for their business spends. KVB Corporate Card has universal acceptance, flexibility and offers security and control for all business payments
- Cash Deposit Machines for quick anytime cash remittance and Self Service Kiosks for updating Passbook, knowing account balance and Cheque Status
- BNA recyclers where Cash Deposit Machines double up as an ATM
- Payment of institutional fees through ATMs
- “Green PIN” is an initiative, through which PIN mailer printing is abolished and customers will be given option through KVB ATM itself to set up their PIN for Debit Cards with the help of OTP (One Time Password)
- Available at 24X7 basis
- Utility is made available to for more than 7,00,000 customers in the bank
- This facility can also be used for setting up new PIN when the customers have forgotten their debit card pin
Point of Sale Machines
- Handheld GPRS and Mobile Point of Sale machines deployed at merchant establishments
- Digital POS or Green POS – Handheld GPRS POS machine without printer
- Digital POS has the facility of sending E-receipt to both customer and Merchant through SMS and E-mail.
- Perfect solution for a hassle free trip on national highways
- It is a simple, reloadable tag which enables automatic payment of toll charges and lets the vehicle pass through toll plazas without stopping for the cash transaction
BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System)
- It is a medium to connect multiple billers and agents through various Operating Units
- Aggregated various billers to provide a single platform to make all types of payments
Bharat QR (BQR)
- Bharat QR (BQR), is an initiative of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in the payment system
- Bharat QR aims to increase the merchant based digital transaction by displaying their QR at their outlets
- The Mobile application is available to facilitate both merchants and customers towards making the payments
BHIM AADHAAR PAY
- Merchant’s mobile phone is loaded with KVB BHIM Aadhaar Pay app and connected to a Bio-Metric scanner
- Upon completing the purchase, the customers have to enter their Aadhaar number in the KVB BHIM Aadhaar Pay app available in the Merchant’s mobile
- The merchant / customer can choose their bank which will be listed in the merchant app to initiate payment
- The customer’s finger print is used as the password for authenticating the transaction
- The application is downloaded in the Merchant’s mobile phone itself and hence an exclusive Point-of-Sale machine is not required
- Availability and the usage of the finger-print scanner are made easier when compared to the Point-of-Sale machine
- The wait time at the counter is much reduced as minimal input is being taken from the customer for performing the transaction
- Merchant can transact with any customer regardless of the Bank account
- Merchant’s account is credited instantly and hence he/she need not wait for the funds to settle in T+1 or T+2 days
- Customer need not carry any mobile device or cards (debit/credit/prepaid) or to download any application to make the payment at the merchant location
- Customer need not remember any password(s) for performing this transaction
AePS (Aadhaar enabled Payment System)
AePS is a bank led model which allows online interoperable financial inclusion transactions at PoS (MicroATM) through the Business correspondent of any bank using Aadhaar authentication. It empowers the customer to use Aadhaar to perform basic banking transactions like cash deposit, cash withdrawal, intra and interbank funds transfers, balance inquiry and obtain a mini statement through a Business Correspondent.
AePS allows a customer to carry out
- Interbank Transactions
- Intra-bank Transactions
- Best Finger Detection
- Demographic Authentication
- BHIM Aadhaar Pay
- Aadhaar Seeding Status
The only inputs required for a customer to push a transaction are
- IIN (Identifying the Bank to which the customer is associated)
- Aadhaar Number
- Fingerprint captured during their enrolment
Loan Opening Systems (LOS)
- Initiated as strategic journey towards digitization in lending process
- End to end (from application to document execution and disbursal) paperless automated process
- Rule based systems
- Real time basis with quick turnaround time.
Tablet Based Account Opening
- On-line opening of Savings and Current accounts for individuals using tablet systems
- Based on Aadhaar details to enable immediate enrolling of customers at their doorstep for all the branches.
- Collection – Paper Based Cash and cheque collection services extended to corporate customers
- Collection – Electronic Direct debit and Virtual account facilities are offered to corporate customers for collection and reconciliation
- Payments Cheque, DD printing and bulk payment file upload solution to corporate clients.
- 24x7 professional help desk services (in 6 languages) for all transactions carried out through ATM, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking (KVB mPay), e-commerce, product features, etc.
- Self-service banking with IVRS for funds transfer facilities
Precious Metals Division
- The bank is one among 16 commercial banks authorized in the country to import gold / silver
- Caters to bullion requirements of clients for domestic and export market
- Bullion deals through outright sale or on loan basis
Transaction Banking Services
- An integrated transaction banking solution on electronic platform
- Cash Management Services (Collections and Payments)
- Virtual Account facility for collections
- Supply Chain Finance products (Vendor Finance and Dealer Finance)
- Tie ups with rated large auto majors for dealer funding
- Customer Front End (CBX – Customer Business Exchange)
- Participating in Trade Receivable Discounting System (TReDS) platforms
- Can handle Dividend / Interest Warrants.
- Customized MIS
Para banking services
- All types of life insurance policies through a tie-up with M/s Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance Company Ltd & M/s Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Ltd.
- All types of general insurance policies through a tie-up with M/s Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd., M/s Digit General Insurance Company Ltd. & M/s ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd.
- All types of health insurance policies through a tie-up with M/s Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company Ltd., M/s Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Ltd., & M/s Star Health & Allied Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Mutual Fund products of UTI, SBI MF, Reliance MF, Sundaram BNP Paribas MF, Birla Sun life MF, Franklin Templeton MF and LIC MF
- The Bank is a Depository Participant through NSDL, providing DP services
- ASBA and e-ASBA facility (through Internet banking)
- Off-line and on-line trading facility is available to the demat customers enabled through a tie-up with M/s Religare Securities Ltd and M/s IDBI Caps respectively
- KVB is one of the authorized banks to open accounts under the New Pension Scheme
- Prime Minister’s Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyothi Bima Yojna (Life Insurance scheme) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna (Non-Life Insurance scheme) Atal Pension Yojna (Pension scheme) implemented
- Also promoting Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme as per RBI guidelines
The performance of the bank has been consistently recognized by leading publications and other organizations. We have received the following awards during FY 2019-20
- CII – Digital Transformation DX Summit Best Practice in Digital Transformation 2020 - Innovative Best Practice in Service Excellence
- Kamikaze Payments & Cards Awards - Best Digital Banking Solution of the year
- Uipath Automation Excellence Awards, 2020 - Automation of file uploading process - GEFU process through RPA Bot
- IBA Banking technology Awards, 2021 - Best use of IT & Data Analytics – Runner Up and Best IT Risk & Cyber Security Initiatives – Runner up
- Skoch - Skoch BFSI Silver Award for Digital Solutions including Lending, Mobile Banking & Video KYC
- State Forum of Bankers’ Clubs, Kerala - Third Best Branch in Kerala State under the Old Private Sector Bank category - Ernakulam Palarivottom Branch
The bank has in place robust risk management systems and adheres to the tenets of Corporate Governance. The bank is well-equipped to boldly take up the challenges in the industry and emerge as a top-notch one-stop-shop techie financial supermarket. KVB will continue its endeavors to bring the best of products and services to its customers to emerge as the techie bank that provides the gateway to Smart Way to bank.
For more information about the bank, its products and also to record your feedback, please log on to www.kvb.co.in
WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT KVB
- Dr. Manmohan Singh on the occasion of KVB’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in 1991, - “The performance of KVB in the matter of productivity is to be emulated by public sector banks.”
- Sri P. Chidambaram during the 80th Anniversary celebrations of KVB in 1996 - “KVB is to be congratulated for its standing as one of the leading Banks in the private sector. KVB is one of the safest banks.”
- Dr. C. Rangarajan, while inaugurating KVB Towers at Chennai in 2001 - “KVB can be regarded as a fine example of how a medium sized bank can effectively play its part in promoting the regional development and attending to the needs of small and medium entrepreneurs.”
- Smt. Shyamala Gopinath, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India on the occasion of the 90th Anniversary celebrations of KVB in 2006 – “KVB is almost on par with new generation private banks in technology. It has implemented Core Banking Solution across the bank including rural branches. Using this technology platform, it has enabled multiple delivery channels viz., ATM network, VISA Debit Cards, Mobile Banking and Internet Banking. All these initiatives are indeed a fitting tribute to the visionary founders of KVB.”
- Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, Chief Guest at the Founders’ Day celebration in 2007 - “I would like to quote Mahatma Gandhi who had said “The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve more of world’s problems.” This has been proved by the Karur Vysya Bank by rising to the occasion, facing challenges and coming out gloriously from every situation.”
- Smt. Sheila Dikshit, Chief Guest at the Founders’ Day Celebrations in 2008 – “KVB being a small bank is not only a beautiful bank but also a special bank. The bank has maintained its standards over the years, helping various types of entrepreneurs – big, small and micro and thereby created a niche for itself amongst the customers.”
- Sri K. Rosaiah, H.E. the Governor of Tamil nadu at the Founders’ Day Celebrations in 2011 – “Karur Vysya Bank is a doyen in the banking sector built on the edifice of trust, faith and efficient and quick service. Efficient functioning of the bank and sustained efforts of each and every officer and staff has placed the bank in a high pedestal in the banking sector. Services of Karur Vysya Bank are appreciated by the customers and that is the real strength of the bank.”
- Sri E.S.L. Narasimhan, H.E. the Governor of Andhra Pradesh at the Founders’ Day Celebrations in 2012 – “A bank customer looks for confidence. What we look at is whether our deposits are safe; whether the bank is dependable and what is the state of NPAs. I must say that banks like KVB whose NPA is almost nil, inspires confidence among the public.
- Hon’ble Justice C. Nagappan, Judge, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi Chief Guest at Founders Day Celebrations in 2013 - “KVB has grown phenomenally in all aspects of banking and secured a prominent position in the banking industry and also made easy reach to customers having presence in pan India. I must say that NPA level of the Bank is less than 1% which is very much meager, this could be only because of the customers”.
- Smt. Anandiben Patel, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Gujarat, Chief Guest at the Founders’ Day Celebrations in 2014 – “Nurturing an organization for 100 years without any kind of hindrance is a big task. There are very few banks who have performed this task successfully and Karur Vysya Bank is one of them. I congratulate all of you for this success.”
- Sri G.M. Rao, Group Chairman GMR Group of Companies at the Commencement of Centenary Celebrations in 2015 – “During the last century, KVB has surmounted several challenges with the determination to forge ahead, setting an example for tomorrow. The Bank’s growth is based on its vision, passion, values and good governance and by putting the institution before individuals.”
- Shri Pranab Mukherjee, Hon’ble President of India Chief Guest at the Centenary Celebrations in 2016 – “Completion of 100 years is no doubt a milestone not only in the life of an individual but also in the life of an institution. It provides us an opportunity to think for a moment and reflect from where we began our journey, where we are today and what is our future destination. I congratulate the KVB on completion of 100 years of KVB. I also express my appreciations for the 2 visionaries who established this institution 100 years ago.”
- Shri CH. Vidyasagar Rao, Hon’ble Governor of Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu Guest of Honour at the Centenary Celebrations in 2016 – “The Bank had stood for 100 years overcoming all the turbulences right from pre-independence era to post independence period from protected economy to free market economy and from the sellers’ market to buyers’ market. It is the testimony of its fundamental strength, trust and efficiency.”