NHAI has rolled out program for Electronic Toll Collection on Toll Plazas on National Highways to be called FASTag. FASTag works on Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. KVB-FASTag is linked to a prepaid account (E-Wallet). It is valid for 3 years and can be recharged at the agent location and KVB-branches. It should be used once in 6 months to avoid dormancy.
- Saves Fuel and Time.
- No need to carry cash.
- 5% Cash Back for transactions.
- SMS and Email alerts for transactions.
- Online recharge (UPI, Payment Gateway and KVB Net banking).
- UPI Recharge Virtual ID / VPA format: netc.VEHICLE NUMBER@kvb (Example: netc.TN01AB1234@kvb).
- Web portal for customers.
- Exclusive Corporate Module for Transport operators and Fleet Owners with Auto Sweep-in Wallet.
- Offline recharge through all KVB Branches.
|Nature of the Instrument||RFID technology based tag is linked to a prepaid account / e-wallet.|
|Target Audience||Owners of all Light Motor Vehicles and above.|
|Card Mapping||One vehicle will have one FASTag.|
|Regulatory authority||NPCI / NHAI|
|Issuance under the Act||Governed as per PSS act 2007.|
|How to affix the Tag||FASTag shall be fixed at the center of the windshield just behind the rear view mirror, as per the guidelines.|
|Transferability||Tag sticker once affixed, cannot be reused.|
|Variant||There are 7 variants depending upon the vehicle class, |
|Maximum Tag wallet Balance for Full KYC||Rs. 1 Lakh with full KYC for the account and as per PPI guidelines and there is no restriction for transactions|
|Top-Up||Online top up through Online Customer Portal www.fastag.kvb.co.in using UPI, Payment Gateway & KVB Net Banking. |
Mobile top up using KVB UPay app.
Offline top up through all KVB Branches.
- Single Auto Sweep-in wallet for all the tags.
- Wallet is linked to the Current Account.
- Auto Sweep-in wallet will sweep-in the amount from Current Account and load the wallet automatically.
- Auto Sweep-in amount can be fixed according to the requirement of the customer.
- Exclusive Customer Portal for Corporate Customers at www.fastag.kvb.co.in.
- Options to create subcategories (Regions) for effective allocation and monitoring of vehicles.
- Multiple Recharge Options available
- UPI Recharge
- Payment Gateway
- KVB Net Banking
- Mobile recharge using KVB UPay app
- Email receipts for every individual transactions.
- Individual Vehicle Wise report and Cash Back report available in the customer portal.
- Alternate Mobile Number & Email ID modification available in customer portal.
|Tag cost||100 (GST. Inclusive)|
|Vehicle Class||Vehicle Type||Tag Color||Minimum Recharge Amount (INR)||Refundable Security Deposit (INR)||Threshold Limit (Minimum Balance To Be Maintained) (INR)|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||Violet||200||200||100|
|5||Light Commercial Vehicle||Orange||200||300||150|
|6||Three Axle Commercial Vehicles||Yellow||500||400||300|
|12||4 to 6 axle||Pink||500||500||300|
|15||7 or More Axle||BLUE||500||500||300|
|16||Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)||Black||500||500||300|
Plus taxes as per the prevailing applicable rates.
Threshold limit is like a safety measure to prevent the FASTag account getting over drawn and being mapped as low balance TAG.Below Threshold limit no TAG will be allowed in ETC lane.
Security deposit:- A minimum security amount depending on the vehicle category (refundable at the time of cancellation/closure of RFID Tag)
- Service tax will be levied on all the prescribed fees & Charges at the applicable Rates.
- Minimum recharge is the amount to be recharged at the time of tag activation.
- The above mentioned Tag deposit rates would be applicable as per the vehicle class and it is refundable the time of FASTag account closure.
- Account closure proceeds can be given only to the owners’ account only, no cash withdrawal is allowed.
- Amount will be debited as per the NHAI Toll plaza tariffs.
|Credit card||1.10% of the transaction value*|
|Debit Card||0.90% for transaction values above Rs. 2000/-*|
|Net banking||0.90% to 1.65% of the transaction value*|
Convenience fee is levied by the payment gateway for the services provided and not by Karur Vysya Bank. The fee is levied against the cost of transaction and not for revenue in the FASTag program. *Convenience fee may change basis the payment gateway selected and/or change in commercials between Karur Vysya Bank and the payment gateway.
FASTag instant recharge using BHIM KVB UPay Mobile app
Enter the VIRTUAL ID in the below mentioned format >> Enter amount >> Click “Send Now” >> Enter UPI PIN & Tag gets recharged
|Download KVB Upay app|
|Recharge through KVB FASTag Customer Portal||Login to our Customer Portal www.fastag.kvb.co.in/home using your FASTag primary mobile number as login ID and recharge using KVB Net Banking, UPI or Payment Gateway|
|Recharge through KVB Branches||You can also approach the nearest KVB branches and recharge your FASTag using cash or cheque.|