Malicious & Inappropriate apps in the name of KVB in Google Play Store
Customer Advisory dates 20th February 2015
It has been observed that some malicious and inappropriate mobile banking apps are available in Play Store purported to have been developed by Karur Vysya Bank. The bank wishes to clarify that it has promoted only two legal applications in Google Play Store and the apps are as follows:
- Karur Vysya Bank-Developed by FSS - Branded as KVB DLite.
- KVB e-Book - Developed by Karur Vysya Bank.
We have identified three Apps in Play Store with KVB logo which is malicious and inappropriate. The details of the three Apps are as follows:
- KVB Mobile Banking - developed by Upex Inc
- KVB I BANKING - developed by Vignesh Ravichandran
- KVB CORP - developed by Vignesh Ravichandran
We request you not to download these fake apps which on installation could gather your login credentials and other sensitive account details. In case, any further clarification is required about the legal apps promoted by the bank, you may please contact your home branch or our Help Desk on 1860 258 1916 (Local charges Applicable). We also request you to bring to our notice in case you come across any fake Apps in the name of KVB, we request you to kindly spare few minutes of your valuable time in reporting the matter to us through our feedback form.
Internet Banking services - Beneficiary Maintainance
Customer Advisory dated 17th January 2014
As per Reserve Bank of India guidelines, all member banks with effect from 1st December 2013 are required to implement additional security and risk mitigation measures for electronic payment transactions. The electronic modes of payment like RTGS, NEFT & IMPS have emerged as the preferred channel for funds transfer. As the number of transactions happening in these channels is increasing rapidly, it is imperative to ensure that these channels are safe and secure for the customers to use. In view of the above, the bank has introduced the following additional measures:
- Registration of beneficiary is mandatory for transfer of funds i.e. without registering a beneficiary, no fund transfer can be effected.
- Maximum of 3 beneficiaries can be added/registered for each type of funds transfer (Inter / Intra Bank) in a day.
- Beneficiary registration will be confirmed through SMS.
- Registration will be activated after a cooling period of 3 hours from the time of registration.
- Transfer of funds to the newly added beneficiary can be done only after successful activation of the beneficiary. KVB has implemented the above-mentioned measures in the internet banking platform and will take effect from 19th January 2014 (Sunday). We request you to kindly take note of the new changes that are being introduced. In case, any clarification is required please feel free to contact your home branch or our HELPLINE number 1860 258 1916 (Local charges Applicable).
Debit Card / POS
Customer Advisory dated 29th November 2013
Point of Sale(POS) Transactions using Debit Card As per RBI mandate, from 1st December 2013, entering PIN @ POS terminals for transactions at merchant establishments is mandatory for debit card holders and PIN used at the ATM is to be used for POS transactions also.
Securing Card payment transactions
As per RBI mandate from 1st December 2013:
- All new debit cards to be issued will be for domestic use only
- International debit card issued will be EMV chip & PIN enabled
- International debit card will be issued against customer’s specific request
- Please contact your home branch for your new EMV chip & PIN enabled international debit card
As part of compliance, the bank is in the process of sending a new replacement EMV chip-based international debit card for such customers who have used their cards internationally at least once (for / through e-commerce / ATM / POS).
In case, you intend to travel abroad in the near future, please contact your home branch for an EMV chip-based international debit card as a replacement to your existing debit card which will be deactivated once your chip based international debit card is activated (the first transaction should be cash withdrawal from ATM).