FAQs on E-Commerce
1. What is an E-Commerce Transaction?
E-Commerce transaction refers to the purchases of goods / products through the internet using their Debit / Credit Card number and CVV (Card Verification Value) number or through Internet Banking Channel.
2. Who are all the eligible customers for doing E-Commerce Transaction?
The customers having the VISA / Master / Rupay Debit card with CVV number.
3. What can I do if, the CVV Number is not printed in my Debit Card?
The customer is advised to approach the branch for applying the new Debit card with CVV number. However, the charges would be applicable for issuing New Debit Card.
4. Can I Change the CVV number?
The customer cannot change the CVV number.
5. How can I make E-Commerce Transactions through the Internet?
At present, the customer has to feed the 16 digit card number and 3 digits CVV (Card Verification Value) for authorization. This CVV is printed on the back side of the Debit Card.
6. If anyone knows my Debit Card Number, CVV number and OTP can he / she make E-Commerce Transaction?
Yes, very well. The card number, CVV and OTP number is known to anyone or disclosed to anyone can do the e-commerce transaction through the internet.
7. How the system will know that I only made any E-Commerce transaction?
As per the industry practice, the system does not know about customer validation. It validates only the Card number and Its CVV number for any transactions.
8. How to avoid the misuse of my Debit Card through the internet?
Apart from the Card number and CVV Validation, we do the customer verification through the OTP Password which is sent to the customer’s registered mobile number.
9. Where should I contact for E-Commerce related issue or card stolen / lost?
Contact immediately through Helpline number. 1860 258 1916 (Local charges Applicable) or firstname.lastname@example.org