FAQs on Gift Card
1. What is the Karur Vysya Bank Gift Card?
The Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) Gift Card is a prepaid, non-reloadable magnetic stripe based card on the VISA platform.
2. Do I need to have KVB account for the purchase of KVB Gift card?
No, you don’t need to have an account with KVB to purchase the Gift card.
3. How do I buy the KVB Gift Card?
It is available at all KVB branches. Just walk into any one of the KVB branches and fill up an application form in order to obtain the KVB Gift Card. It can be purchased across the counter by producing any one of the following documents.
|Documents||KVB customer||Non KVB customer|
|KVB Current / Savings account number / ID||✓||✕|
|Copy of the PAN Card, Aadhaar Card and Ration Card||✓||✓|
|Copy of the Passport||✓||✓|
|Copy of the Voter Identity Card||✓||✓|
4. Where can I use the KVB Gift Card?
The KVB Gift Card is issued on the VISA platform and can be used at more than 7,50,000 VISA enabled merchant outlets across the country. It is usable within India only.
5. Can I withdraw cash on my KVB Gift Card?
The KVB Gift Card can be used at Point-of-Sale terminals at merchant outlets. Cash withdrawal is not possible at present.
6. Are there any limits to the amount that can be loaded on the KVB Gift Card?
The KVB Gift Card can be loaded with any amount starting from a minimum of Rs. 500 and a maximum limit of Rs. 10,000.
7. How do I check the balance on my KVB Gift Card?
The facility of Balance Enquiry on the Gift card is available through the internet portal “https://kvbprepaid.enstage.com/prepaid/cms/customer/”.
8. How do I ensure the safety of my KVB Gift Card?
On receipt of the card, the applicant needs to sign on the reverse of the card to avoid its unauthorized use. If the applicant is gifting the card to someone else, then the beneficiary of the card needs to sign on the reverse of the card.
9. What is the validity of the KVB Gift card?
The validity of the card is available for a maximum period of 1 year from the date of activation.
10. Where can I use the card?
It can be used in all the POS terminals in the country which displays the logos of KVB / VISA.
11. Is the KVBGift Card Reloadable?
Gifting we believe is a special occasion and hence a reload on this card is not allowed. Every occasion is a new occasion and deserves a new card. At present, the KVB Gift Card is a non-Reloadable card. It can be loaded only once at the time of issuance.
12. What do I do if my KVB Gift Card is lost or stolen?
On loss of the card, report through our Call Center or to our nearest KVB branch. The lost card will be hot listed and a duplicate card will be issued only to the applicant purchaser at his request after deducting the necessary bank charges (Rs. 100/- plus Service Tax at present) and not to the beneficiary. Or the balance available in the Gift Card account less our charges (Rs. 100/- plus S.T as applicable for duplicate card) will be repaid to the original card applicant.
Please Note: Reissuance can be requested only by the purchaser and the reissued card will be delivered to purchaser address.
13. What do I do when the balance on my KVB Gift Card becomes nil?
In such cases please cut the card into four pieces and hand them over to the nearest KVB branch.
14. Can I transfer funds from one Gift Card to another?
No, you cannot transfer funds from one Gift Card to another as a reloadable facility is not offered under the Gift cards.
15. How long can I make use of the card?
You can make use of the card till the balance available in the card is exhausted or till the validity of the card as printed on the card.
16. Can I use the card for withdrawing cash through the KVB ATM or can view the Balance?
No. You can neither withdraw cash in the KVB ATMs nor view the balance available in the card.
17. Can the Gift card be cancelled or refunded?
Yes. The Gift card can either be cancelled or refunded only to the applicant purchaser.
18. Is there any time frame allowed for getting the balance amount refunded after the validity of the Gift card?
Refund if any can be claimed by the purchaser only within three months from the date of expiry of the Gift card as printed over the card. No refund will be entertained thereafter.
19. When can the bank refuse payments under the KVB Gift card?
The bank can refuse payments against the card if it is served with the summons, order, injunction, execution, distrait, levy, lien, information or notice etc by the law enforcement agencies. The bank can pay the amount lying to the credit of the card account to the appropriate authorities without any liability to the cardholder as per law.
20. Whether the bank can disclose the details of the Gift card?
The bank reserves the right to disclose, exchange, share or part with all the information relating to the Cardholder’s details and repayment history information and all information pertaining to and contained in the Terms or as expressed in the application made for the Card to its Affiliates/banks / financial institutions/ credit bureaus / agencies / statutory bodies as may be required and undertakes not to hold the bank / its Affiliates & their agents liable for use of the aforesaid information.