FAQs on IMPS
1. What is IMPS?
IMPS offer an instant, 24X7, interbank electronic fund transfer service through mobile phones. IMPS facilitates customers to use mobile instruments as a channel for accessing their bank accounts and put through interbank fund transfers in a secured manner with immediate confirmation features. This facility is provided by NPCI through its existing NFS switch.
2. What is MMID?
Mobile Money Identifier (MMID) is a seven digit random number issued by the bank upon registration. Remitter (customer who wants to send money) and Beneficiary (customer who wants to receive the money) should have this MMID for doing this interbank funds transfer. Our customers who have activated their Mobile Banking Service can get the MMID by sending an SMS to our Mobile Banking Service VMN or by using “Generate MMID” option under Immediate Mobile Payment Service (IMPS) menu in the Mobile Banking Application software Dlite.
3. How can I avail this facility?
The existing customers need to register in KVB DLite app.
The following steps have to be executed to get registered to the KVB Mobile Banking.
- Step 1: Click the Sign Up Button.
- Step 2: Click mPAY Registration.
- Step 3: Click mPAY Registration → Debit Card.
- Step 4: Enter Customer ID.
- Step 5: Enter Card No.
- Step 6: Enter ATM PIN.
- Step 7: Enter Card Expiry Date (MMYY).
- Step 8: Enter Mobile No. registered with Bank.
- Step 9: OTP & the mPIN will be sent to the registered Mobile Number.
- Step 10: Enter the OTP received in the application.
- Step 11: Set the Application Password.
4. Can I link more than one account to same mobile number?
Yes. You can link up to six accounts to the same mobile number registered with the bank. You will get separate MMID for each account number.
5. What if IMPS registered mobile is lost or misplaced? Will anyone who comes into possession of mobile be able to make a remittance from my account?
On a successful registration for the mobile banking service, the bank would provide you with an Application Password and MPIN (Mobile Personal Identification Number) for accessing the KVB mPay. An IMPS remittance will not be possible without these two inputs.
6. What happens in case the remitter enters a wrong beneficiary mobile number for remittance?
The beneficiary details required for making remittance are the mobile number and MMID. The transaction will be rejected if the above numbers are given wrongly and the transactions get reversed instantly.
7. What are the timings for initiating and receiving IMPS remittances?
IMPS transactions can be sent and received at any time and any day. There are no timing or holiday restrictions on IMPS remittances.
8. If the transaction is not completed will I get my money back? When?
Yes. In the case for any reason, technical or business, the IMPS transaction has not completed the reversal of the remitters funds will happen within 7 days.
9. What are the charges for the customer for sending and receiving remittances using IMPS?
At Present, there are no charges for using the facility.
10. How long does it take for the remittance to get credited into the beneficiary account number?
The funds will be credited into the beneficiary account immediately.
11. Can the remitter transfer funds from his / her to the beneficiary account in other banks?
Yes, the remitting customer can transfer funds to the beneficiary account in other banks.
12. Is it necessary to have sufficient account balance to initiate a remittance?
Yes, the customer should have sufficient account balance to initiate a fund transfer.
13. How does a beneficiary come to know of funds being credited to his / her bank account?
Beneficiary bank sends a confirmation SMS to the beneficiary customer informing him/her of the credit in the account.
14. Can I remit and/or receive remittance using the mobile number other than the one registered with the bank?
You can remit and / or receive funds using the registered mobile number only. In case you need to receive funds using the other mobile number, you have to approach your home branch and complete the process of changing the registered mobile number for mobile banking.
15. When can the beneficiary use the funds received through IMPS?
The funds received through IMPS are good funds and can be used by the beneficiary immediately upon credit.
|Channels||IMPS – previous transaction limit||IMPS - New transaction limit (w.e.f 18/10/2021)|
|Per transaction,in Rs.||Per day,in Rs.||Per transaction,in Rs.||Per day (remains unchanged),in Rs.|
|Internet Banking - Retail||2,00,000||5,00,000||5,00,000||5,00,000|
|Internet Banking - Corporate||2,00,000||10,00,000||5,00,000||10,00,000|
|DLite mobile application||2,00,000||2,00,000 (Provision available in D-lite mobile application to set limit up to Max 5,00,000)||5,00,000||2,00,000(Provision available in D-lite mobile application to set limit up to Max 5,00,000)|
|At Branches||2,00,000||1 CR||5,00,000||1 CR|