Safety Guidelines and Best Practices
- IMPORTANT: Karur Vysya Bank does not ask for personal security details like your internet banking or phone banking passwords on the email, phone or otherwise. Never disclose your passwords to anyone, even to the bank staff.
- Phishing is a technique employed by scamsters to illegally procure personal information like account numbers, internet banking user ids and passwords, etc.,
- The most frequently used method is to send a spam email to a large database of email ids say, all gmail ids or all yahoo ids. The spam email is designed in such a way as to look exactly like an email sent by the bank.
- The email simply asks the recipient to click on a link and enter their user id and password. Reasons like validation of account information, threat of account suspension, etc., are stated as the reasons why a customer should click on the link. If you look carefully, the link will not lead you to our site www.kvb.co.in
- Never click on any such link and never enter your login id and password without verifying the authenticity of the web page.
- In case you get an email or a phone call asking your personal security details or a bank staff approaches you to disclose your password, please report to us. You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.